1
Duration (days)
200-300
Length (Km)
On-Road
Type

An exciting tour to discover the fourth largest island in Italian territory, its multitude of beaches and its imposing cliffs!

You can visit

  • La frazione di Monteponi, nata come villaggio minerario e ove si localizza, nel palazzo Bellavista (un tempo palazzo direzionale della miniera), la sede dell’Universitàdel Sulcis-Iglesiente
  • Il villaggio di San Giovanni Miniera, noto per la Grotta Santa Barbara. La grotta è costituita da un grande salone alto 25 metri, è visitabile attraverso un trenino elettrico ed è ricca di notevoli stalattiti e stalagmiti
  • L’arte della tessitura e filatura del bisso, fibra ricavata dal mollusco pinna nobilis presente nelle lagune a fondo sabbioso dell’isola; tale pratica è effettuata in pochi luoghi al mondo
  • Il villaggio Normann,  destinato ai dipendenti della miniera di San Giovanni e suggestivo perché  praticamente abbandonato dagli anni ’80
  • La suggestiva laveria abbandonata della miniera di Seddas Moddizzis e il vicino villaggio Asproni, nucleo abitativo della miniera di Seddas Moddizzis, che prende il nome dall’ingegnere fondatore della miniera
  • La antica tonnara di Porto Paglia, costruita nel 1615 dagli aragonesi e ove insistono, nei pressi, un sito nuragico e un ampio numero di strutture militari fra cui labatteria rasante di Porto Paglia e i vicini fortini
  • Il complesso nuragico di Seruci, fra i più vasti della Sardegna
  • The hamlet of Monteponi, born as a mining village and where are located, in the Bellavista palace (formerly the mine directional palace), the headquarters of the Sulcis-Iglesiente University
  • The village of San Giovanni Mine, known for the Santa Barbara Grotto. The cave is made up of a large 25-meter high saloon, can be visited through an electric train and is rich in remarkable stalactites and stalagmites
  • The art of weaving and spinning the byssus, fiber obtained from the nobilis pinna molluscs present in the sandy lagoons of the island; Such practice is carried out in a few places in the world
  • The Normann village, built for the San Giovanni mine employees and suggestive because it has been virtually abandoned since the 1980s
  • The enchanting abandoned lavender of the Seddas Moddizzis mine and the nearby Asproni village, the housing nucleus of the Seddas Moddizzis mine, named after the founding engineer of the mine
  • The old tuna bar of Porto Paglia, built in 1615 by the Aragonese and where, near, a nuragic site and a large number of military facilities are present, including thebattery of Porto Paglia and the nearby forts
  • The nuragic complex of Seruci, among the largest in Sardinia
  • The hamlet of Bacu Abis, located on the oldest mining area of ​​the Sulcis carbon dioxide basin, which we can visit the well access facilities, closed in 1941
  • Cortoghiana, the most populous village in the municipality of Carbonia, inaugurated in 1942 by Benito Mussolini. Cortoghiana noasts a significant rationalist urbanistic organization
  • The remarkable necropolis of Is Loccis – Santus, integrating 13 domus de Janas
  • The multi-tower nuraghe of s’Ega Marteddu, a few meters from the Maladroxia beach, and the sa Cipudditta nuraghe, located on a promontory overlooking the sea
  • The ancient Basilica of Sant’Antioco martyr, of Byzantine and coeval times of the famous Sardinian churches dedicated to San Saturnino (Cagliari) and San Giovanni in Sinis (Cabras municipality)
  • The only catacombs of Sardinia, the earliest testimony of Christianity in Sardinia and made up of several funerary rooms connected to each other
  • The Tophet (open-air Phoenician shrine), Sa Presonedda funerary mausoleum, the Menhir of Su Para ‘e sa Mongia, the Roman bridge, the aqueduct and theSant’Antioco amphitheater
  • The Canai Tower and the Sabaud fort of Su Pisu at Sant’Antioco
  • The ethnographic museum dedicated to wine; The museum dedicated to the processing of the byssus, the archaeological museum, and the museum of the sea and the masters of ax in Sant’Antioco
  • The semaphore of Capo Sperone, observation station of the marina and rare naval light on the Sardinian coasts, discontinued in 1957
  • The cliff of Portu Sciusciau, characterized by a large natural arch, and the cliff of Is Praneddas, where there is a second natural arch and a natural swimming pool
  • Cala della Signora, where there is a cave, and Cala Tuffi, a wonderful cove ending in a gigantic cave about 15 meters high, from which it is possible to dive
  • Cala Lunga, characterized by a long creek that makes it always sheltered from the sea currents
  • The Nido dei Passeri cliff, twenty meters high that allows to dive from high altitude
  • The beach of Sottotorre, located under an eighteenth-century tower
  • The old anti-aircraft batteries, as well as the trenches of the second world war, at Mangiabarche location
  • In the period between mid-May and mid-June, we can enjoy the collective fishing of bluefin tuna
  • The island’s fauna: pink flamingos, cormorants, seagulls, goblins and other birds

You can taste

  • L’enogastronomia locale dell’Isola, a duplice attitudine: nella parte settentrionale dell’isola, dominano piatti tipici della tradizione ligure; nella parte meridionale, piatti strettamente sardi.
  • Il Pilau è un tipico piatto di Calasetta fatto con la fregola sarda, condita con aragosta ed altri crostacei come scampi e gamberoni
  • Il vino Carignano, di origine catalana e prodotto nei vigneti dell’isola
  • The local cuisine of the island, with two aptitudes: in the northern part of the island, we can taste the typical dishes of the Ligurian tradition; in the south, strictly Sardinian dishes.
  • The Pilau is a typical dish of Calasetta made with Sardinian fregola, seasoned with lobster and other crustaceans such as scampi and prawns
  • The Carignano wine, of Catalan origin and produced in the vineyards of the Sulcis region

Tour Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.